Royal Oak Railing & Stair Ltd. will provide a 2 year limited warranty covering the materials and installation used in manufacturing the stairs and railings. If Royal Oak was not used for installation and this was a supply only then only the material is covered under warranty.This warranty does not cover any damage caused by misuse or neglect of the product and or the stain and/or paint applied to the stairs and railings by others.
- Colour variations in wood are a natural occurrence due to species, age, character and exposure to UV light or sunlight. For these reasons, new and/or replacement may not match display samples and/or existing.
- Due to colour variations of product and/or samples, Royal Oak is not responsible for the consumer matching stairs/railings to other wood products, such as cabinets, floors, trim and mouldings.
- Natural occurring wood characteristics such as variations in grain, colour, mineral streaks and knots are not considered defects.
- Normal exposure to sunlight will bring about changes in the shading of any hardwood as it ages. Runners will block sunlight and may give the appearance of discolouring under the runner. This is not a product defect. Rubber backed or other non-ventilated rugs should never be used.
- Damage due to water and/or moisture including but not limited to damage resulting from broken or leaking pipes, wet mopping, weather conditions or natural disasters is excluded from the warranty.
Hardwood, being a natural product, will continue to expand and contract through heating and non-heating seasons. More importantly your interior environmental controls which continually provide stable temperature and relative humidity has more of an effect. Royal Oak Railing and Stairs warranty does not cover expansion or contractions resulting in separation between boards or damage caused by low or excessive humidity. Please note that this is the responsibility of the customer to ensure adequate humidity levels are appropriate within the home or it will void the warranty.
Royal Oak Railing and Stairs warranty does not cover indentations, scratches, stains or damage caused by negligence, metal tips or plastic feet on furniture, appliances or furniture rolled across hardwood without proper protection, fire, water, moisture, excessive heat or excessive dryness, erosion, pebbles, sand or other abrasives, pets or marks/stains caused by animal water dishes left on floor, insects, spiked heel shoes or with any sharp object protruding from shoes, weather conditions or natural disasters, colour variations, improper maintenance, discolouration/sun damage to floor caused by lack of proper window coverings, wet mopping with water, Murphy’s Oil Soap, Fantastik, Ammonia, Oil based cleaners or Water based liquid wax, insufficient protection, misuse or improper alterations of the original manufactured product.